THE BIG DAY

As I'm sure you can guess from the use of capitalization (Krissie Bear is not big on capital letters), this is a surprise, guest post.  From Kristen's husband-to-be on our big day.  I hope she doesn't mind me highjacking her blog for a day!

Given that my knowledge of fashion, cooking, and the other subjects typically discussed on this blog is virtually nil, I'll write about what I know... Sports ... Just kidding.  I actually thought I'd briefly share with you my thoughts and feelings on Kristen and today.  I can sum those up in two words -- OVERWHELMING JOY.

Over the past several months, days, and hours, my mind has been swamped with thousands of different thoughts about our past, present, and future.  (Sometimes, to the detriment of the task at hand -- I went to work yesterday without my belt and then, when I stopped by the house on the way to the rehearsal to get my belt, I managed to lock my keys in the car!).  Mostly, though, I just think about Kristen.  Her warmth, her kindness, her faith, her loyalty, her stunning beauty, her love of family, her silliness, her huge heart, her love of kiddos, her cooking skills (!!), her love for me, ... and her blog (!).  I am so blessed and thankful that Kristen came into my life and that today we will declare our eternal love and commitment in front of family, friends, and god.

My joy is not just for today, though.  Or last night's rehearsal dinner (which was great; thanks mom and dad).  My joy is for tomorrow, ... and next Tuesday, ... and the following Thursday, ... and February 26, 2019 ... Every day that I get to share in marriage to my lovie will be a day of joy, love, and warmth.

Sorry for the brevity, but my next task on this big day is a big one -- learning to tie a bow tie.

PS - Lovie, this stuff is hard!  I'm happy to turn this blog back over to you and limit my writing efforts to legal documents.  That type of writing is much easier for me!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet surprise! I have been thinking about you all day! Praying that your wedding day was full of love and grace!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see some beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, my heart wants to pop I am so proud of you. What you shared here is amazing, thank you. The weekend was amazing. Thanks to you and Kristen for letting us share it with you. Love you both, Aunt Paula

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...