i cross my heart.

in four little days,
i will be making the ultimate promise.
in front of my lovie. my family. my friends. and my Lord.

when i really think about that thought, it is really profound.
i am promising my love and devotion to this man.
that the Lord has so graciously given to me. 

that is richer than any pinky promise i have ever made.

over the last several weeks,
we have been creating our ceremony.
from beginning to end.
every word spoken. every prayer read. 
we created it exactly as we want it.
& with the help of dr. witt, our officiant,
we believe that it is perfect.

and perfectly ordained by the Lord. 

i am certain that my favorite part of the 
entire ceremony is our vows. 
they are so full of faith & devotion.

i am proud to share these promises.
{and with sharing them, then being held accountable by you, my friend}

i, kristen, take you, michael, to be my wedded husband. 
with deepest joy I come into my new life with you. 
as you have pledged to me your life and love, i also happily give you my life, 
and in confidence submit myself to your headship as to the Lord. 
as is the church in her relationship to Christ, so i will be to you. 
i will live first unto our God and then unto you, 
loving you, obeying you, caring for you, and ever seeking to please you. 
therefore, throughout life, no matter what may be ahead of us, 
i pledge to you my life as an obedient and faithful wife.

it is my greatest prayer that on our wedding day
all of our friends and family, present and absent, will make promises with us.

promises to support us.
promises to love us.
promises to pray for us.
promises to encourage us.
forever & ever.

i will do the same for all of you.
i cross my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Kristen, Love the Ephesian 5 wedding vows. May God Bless you and your husband. Married life is a witness to Christ and his Church. Always be that witness, Julie Musselman

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...